Tapestry Church is a group of everyday people, representing individual threads, woven together by Christ's love.
We are an inclusive Christian community seeking to embody a progressive approach to faith - rooted in spirituality, community, and justice.
Whether a life-long church attender or a skeptic, looking for a safe haven or a place to roll up your sleeves and serve, We’d love to include you into our Tapestry.
In addition, Tapestry Church is proud to be:
An Open & Affirming Church
This means that we are an inclusive church that welcomes persons of all gender expressions and sexual identities into the full life and leadership of the church. Learn more here.
A Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism Church
This means that we strive to identify and eradicate all forms of racism, as we actively work toward racial reconciliation. Learn more here.
(in the process of becoming) A Green Chalice Congregation
This means that we strive to demonstrate our faith by caring for God’s Creation. Learn more here.
A part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ),
a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. Learn more here.
What We Believe
- We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and we proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world.
- We believe that all people are God's children, made in God’s image.
- We believe in freedom of belief, allowing the Holy Spirit, study of scripture, and prayer to guide us. This freedom allows us to disagree without being divisive.
- We believe that Communion (also known as the Lord's Supper or the Eucharist) is the centerpiece of our faith and that everyone is invited to participate.
- We believe that baptism is a public expression of an inward reality, a beautiful illustration of God’s grace. We accept all forms of baptism.
- We believe in the oneness of the Church and pray for the day when all shall be one.